The Los Angeles Times welcomes applications from aspiring reporters, visual journalists, data and graphics journalists. designers, multiplatform copy editors, podcast producers and digital/audience engagement editors.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to fill out this form, complete the reporting test and get evaluations from three references.
Reporting Test: Click to access, then download. Further instructions can be found on the first page.
Evaluation Form: Click to access the form, then download. Send the form to three references, who will return it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reporting applicants: Submit up to 10 work samples via urls or uploads and/or a link to your portfolio. If submitting work with shared bylines, please include a note explaining your role in reporting or writing the article.
- Visual journalists: Submit a portfolio or links with a minimum of 20 single images and three complete photo stories or multimedia presentations. Materials can also be uploaded.
- Graphics/data journalists: Submit a portfolio and/or links to your work and Github account.
- Designers: Upload up to 10 work samples and/or submit a portfolio with links to your print and/or web designs.
- Multiplatform copy editors: Please complete the application, writing test and evaluations. Finalists will be asked to take an additional skills test.
- Podcast producers: Upload up to 10 work samples or links and/or submit a portfolio with your podcasts or audio work.
- Digital/audience engagement editors: Upload up to 10 work samples and links and/or submit a portfolio with links to social media campaigns, digital builds and other applicable work samples.
Los Angeles Times 2300 E. Imperial Highway, El Segundo, CA 90245
Tracy Boucher | Director of News Development
Steve Padilla | Metpro Director